Still Processing

Discussion in 'Waiting on Updates' started by kaye, Oct 20, 2016.

1. kaye

kaye Newbie

I applied for A&A for my dad on August 5. September 3, I received a letter stating they received the application from DAV, on September 28 received another letter from DAV, stating my dad is entitled to A&A had a file number but stated it was confirmed that the August 5 was effective date and to do nothing else if I don't dispute. It stated the final award would follow. October 5 received a letter from Department of veteran affairs said application was still processing, no award. I called the 1-800 number yesterday and they said the file was sent to a supervisor for review and they were requesting my dad's file. Said it had an approximate approval date of January 17, but it could be two week, or around Christmas. What does it mean? Why would I get an approval then a delay.

2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

kaye, it sounds like you're headed in the right direction, even if there is a delay. You can always call again (and keep calling if you have to in order to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about) to as about the delay. Or at least a confirmation on the status of the award letter.

3. kaye

kaye Newbie

After speaking with the representative today she stated there are 8 stages to the approval process. My dad is still waiting at stage 6, with an estimated completion date of Jan 23rd. Can someone provide some insight into what stage 6 is and does it mean that it's close to being approved? Also, are payments released only at the 1st of the month or during anytime?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016