social security benefits question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daugher of Vet, Feb 21, 2008.

1. I stumbled upon a very nice VA employee who is helping with the A&A application. He's been really great. He works for the VA and I overheard him talking when I was in the unemployment office...he has a desk there and works out of the same state office 3 days a week.

He asked if my mother's social security amount was based on my mom or dad's employment. I have no idea....does it matter on these forms?

I haven't actually looked at the forms...he's been telling me what documents I need (marriage certificate, etc.) We will then file the documents "downtown" at a larger VA office.

2. veteranadvocate

veteranadvocate Full Member

I stumbled upon a very nice VA employee who is helping with the A&A application. He's been really great. He works for the VA and I overheard him talking when I was in the unemployment office...he has a desk there and works out of the same state office 3 days a week.

Glad you found someone that you feel comfortable with. That counts for a lot. You have to feel comfortable in asking questions and feel confident that you are receiving the right information.

He asked if my mother's social security amount was based on my mom or dad's employment. I have no idea....does it matter on these forms?

It does not matter, the only thing that matters is the amount she is receiving.

I haven't actually looked at the forms...he's been telling me what documents I need (marriage certificate, etc.) We will then file the documents "downtown" at a larger VA office.

Recommend that individuals always ask for copies of everything that is submitted to the VA. You may have to refer to these at a later date. Some offices do not keep copies after the originals are submitted to the VA Regional Office.

The Veteran Advocate