Should you pay a company to help process application?

Discussion in 'Tips and Resources' started by dcgrosie, Oct 4, 2012.

1. dcgrosie

dcgrosie Newbie

I just learned of this benefit a few weeks ago. A local radio station is running an ad. They will send you all the forms and they say they look over the application, but if you have any questions there's a charge of $300.

The application is overwhelming, but I don't want to make any mistakes and then delay the process. I told this person that my mother has dementia, yet he mentioned nothing about the appointing of a Fiduciary.

I think it's against the law for them to file the first set of papers and charge, but they can charge after a denial, which would happen without appointing the Fiduciary.

I need to expedite, so don't want to make any mistakes. Any advice?

2. jfogarty

jfogarty Newbie

I don't know much about this process but, one thing I do know is to NEVER, EVER under ANY circumstances pay someone to file and prepare the application for you. It's illegal. They're trying to take advantage of desperate veterans in desperate circumstances. It's disgusting.

3. suse

suse Jr. Member

I know it's daunting to try and do it yourself but Debbie and others have given us such great information on this website that it absolutely can be done. I am mailing my husband's application tomorrow...yeaaaaa. Do yourself a favor and start reading these posts. It's very time consuming but it's the only way to learn what you need to know to complete the process. It is an exhausting application but once approved it will be so worth it. I can not even imagine if it hadn't been for Debbie, wfrancis, vetwife, maralina1 and last but not least nanopat, I would never have gotten through it all. Use those names in the search engine and you will find great direction. Good luck!!!

Suse

4. I agree...do not pay. I have gotten much better and more accurate info from this site than the bad people charging my parents.

5. Max

Max Hero Member

Please don't ever pay anyone to help you with an app. Just send me a private message. I work as a pension center and I can point you in the right direction.

Greg Moeland likes this.
  6. maralina1

maralina1 Full Member

Just curious VSR, what pension center?

7. Greg Moeland

Greg Moeland Newbie

Max - Are you still active? Can you contact me about this?

Kaylin likes this.