Received a Denial-because "we have not received all of the requested evidence."

Discussion in 'Waiting on Updates' started by bri_33, Mar 17, 2015.

1. bri_33

bri_33 Newbie

We would like some advice on the best way to proceed from here.
    The VA denied my mother-in -law's claim because they said they did not receive requested evidence within 30 days. And I know for a fact that they did receive it.
    After reading a lot on this helpful forum I assume that appealing the decision may not be the best option.
    So what might be the best way to respond to VA letting them know that they did receive the requested evidence on time?

Thank you for any suggestions

Below is an excerpt from the denial letter.

What we decided

We have denied your claim for VA death benefits because you failed to submit the requested

On January 22, 2015, we sent you a letter telling you what information and evidence is necessary to support this claim for VA death pension benefits. We have enclosed a copy of this letter foryou to review.

We gave you 30 days to submit the requested information. Those 30 days have expired and we
    Have not received all of the requested evidence. Therefore, we must deny your claim for benefits

What Did We Receive From You?
    · VCAA Notice Response

What Do We Still Need From You?
    · Please see letter dated January 22, 2015
  2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Use VA form 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim to provide whatever information they claim they did not receive, or was not included with the application.

If you don't know what the documents were, then call them, and tell them the letter was never received, and how do you need to proceed.