Re-Evaluation

Discussion in 'How to Apply Questions' started by David Rose, May 18, 2016.

1. David Rose

David Rose Newbie

I am new here with a question. I am currently classified as 100% disabled due to prostate cancer. I had radiation treatments September & October of 2015. I received a letter from the VA informing me of an upcoming , May 27,2016, interview with a non-VA, non-government entity about my current VA status. If anyone on here has had a similar experience I would like to know what to expect during this interview and a likely outcome. (p.s. do not share my posts on social media sites)

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

David,

Given that your rating is due to "compensation" and not "pension", we are not sure why the VA would have a non-government entity request a meeting and interview.

Our focus here is on "pension", which has different guidelines and does not have the same requirements for service-connected compensation.

I'm sorry that we are not the best resource for you on this topic, but we do Thank you for your service to our country.

3. David Rose

David Rose Newbie

Thank you for your reply. Is there another section of the forum that I could re-post my question? I was in hopes that someone who had a similar experience would see the post and provide their experience to me as a guide. Thank you very much.