Quick question concerning "who" can handle application process.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danb, Mar 30, 2012.

  1. danb

    danb Newbie

    I am initiating my parents' A 7A claim. My father is incapable of handling any part of the process other than signing his name - rather illegibly. My mother understands the procedure thoroughly and has encouraged her children to start the process. She will be instrumental in the fact gathering process but the actual application and correspondence work needs to be done by the children. This leaves us with a few questions.
    1) Should the applications and forms be filled out as if they were coming from my father ?
    2) Do we need to identify early on that someone other than my father is handling this process ? How and where ?
    3) Can the correspondence go and come from different addresses other than my parents' address ?
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    1) Yes.
    2) No.
    3) You can request that any correspondence be sent to whatever address you need, but the VA may still send it to the applicant's address, so that is not a guarentee.

Share This Page