Question about form 21-0779

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eifan115, Apr 20, 2016.

1. eifan115

eifan115 Newbie

Where they ask for the address of the VA regional office....do they want the address that will process the application for my area (Albany NY which would go through Philadelphia if I understand it correctly) or do they want the address of a local office in my city? Thank you...getting closer to filing! Mom is moved in and I only need a few more things!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

eifan115,

I would put the PA address since that is the Pension Center that will be processing the claim.

Good luck with the process, and don't forget to keep a complete copy of the application for your records and to mail Return Receipt.

3. eifan115

eifan115 Newbie

Thank you! Also I just saw on this site info about the intent to file form 21-0966.

Not sure which box to check as to what I am filing for?
    Choices are---- 1. Compensation
    2. Pension
    3. Survivor's Pension and/or DIC

Which one is for the aid and attendance for an assisted living facility?

Thanks again for the help!

4. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

eifan115,

You are filing for pension if you are filing for the Aid and Attendance benefit.

5. toxdoc49

toxdoc49 Jr. Member

This is helpful. I think this form can also be used for an assisted living facility? Just need to cross out nursing home ? or am I wrong?

6. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

toxdoc49,

Yes, you can mark out instances of "nursing home" and right "alf" or "assisted living facility" above