POA and A&A

Discussion in 'Waiting on Updates' started by Vperks, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Vperks

Vperks Newbie

I am new to this forum and in need of help! I'm glad i found this site and hope someone can point me in the right direction! I had applied for A&A for my father, i am his POA as well as the trustee of the estate, i filed the papers in July i believe, and haven't heard anything from the VA...money is running out now and my husband and i have had to cover costs for my fathers memory care home AND the house he owns, which we are living it...how do i find out where the process is and IF we even have been ok'd for this whole thing? I am now looking at by the time i find out my father my pass, he was in Hospital since Christmas even and now has to go into a temp nursing rehab, it's so very frustrating!
    Hope someone can help!!! ???
  2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

The fact that you have not received any communication from the VA is not a good sign. Sorry to say. Did you mail the application Return Receipt for proof of delivery?

Am hoping the answer to that question if yes.

You need to call the VA asap at 800 827-1000 and inquire about the status of the application.

Keep in mind the VA does not recognize POA. I hope you included VA form 21-0845 in your packet. Approved 3rd Party.