Pension payments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stephen58, Nov 13, 2015.

  1. Stephen58

    Stephen58 Newbie

    Does the pension pay for the previous calendar month and is it pro rated should the veteran pass sometime during the month before it ends? Would I need to contact the VA Pensions to cease payments at time of passing? Thanks
  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member


    We recommend that you call the VA and tell them as well as writing a letter, and mailing it Return Receipt to address if a veteran has passed away. Mail to the pension center than handled his/her application. You do not need to include a copy of the death certificate.

    I hope this helps. And if a loved one close to you has recently passed, I am sorry for your loss.

Share This Page