My Story So Far - Part 4 HURRAY, at last!

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Deb K, Jun 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Deb K

Deb K Newbie

It's been a long road, but I just found out today that my mom was awarded her A & A benefits. I had last spoken to the Philadelphia representative a few weeks back when she had called me for some additional information. I checked-in with her today because I thought a decision would have been made by now. Apparently, they sent the letter on May 26, 2017 to mom's home in Florida but did not copy me in NYS, as requested. Mom also did not tell me she received the letter, which is unusual, since every day I ask her if she received any mail.

They're sending out a 2nd duplicate letter to mom and me. Once I receive the duplicate letter, it's on to the fiduciary process. I've started reviewing those posts to see what I'm in for next!

From start to finish so far, with a few bloopers (mine) along the way, it's been over 8 1/2 months.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the help and postings along the way.

Kaylin likes this.
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Woo! It may have been a long road but I'm so glad to hear that your mother was awarded the benefit @Deb K ! Thank YOU for coming back to give us your full story and advice for others who go through this application process.