My experience with VA for March 2015

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Trek161, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Trek161

Trek161 Newbie

It's been 3 months since VA acknowledged my mother's passing with a request that I fill out forms to determine my father's financial condition after my mother's death. So far his payments has not changed from Veteran plus spouse to Veteran only. Should I try to inform them again or should I just wait until they respond to my father's updated financial condition?

Thanks

2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Trek161,

The VA does seem to be taking a while. I would give it until the end of February and if there still hasn't been any communication you've received at all from the VA, then I would do a Senator inquiry from your father's home state. You could also try calling them to inquire about the status of the application.

Kaylin

3. Trek161

Trek161 Newbie

Thanks for the quick response. I'll wait a bit.

4. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Trek161,

You're welcome. I do hope they get the award amount adjusted soon. Make sure to stay on top of them and don't let the VA drag their feet if you haven't heard anything back in a couple of weeks.

5. Trek161

Trek161 Newbie

My father finally received an modified award from veteran plus spouse to single veteran since my mother's passing in July, last year. It took VA 7 months since my mother's passing to make the adjustment. Now they are mentioning my Dad being overpaid for the 7 months.

Thanks for all of the great advice.