Mother Approved In About 30 Days

Discussion in 'Surviving Spouse Application' started by Steve Wilner, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Steve Wilner

Steve Wilner Newbie

I am in shock ! I mailed the completed application for my mother who is a surviving spouse on August 30. (My father previously had A&A until he passed away in 2014). The return receipt card was dated September 1. A deposit was made in my mother's checking account on October 4 for about $2300. We have not received any communications from the VA since September 11 when they said they are processing the claim. The intent to file date was 7/18/2017 - so I can not figure out what the payment is for and what time period it covers. At this point we will take whatever we can get since my sister & I have been helping to cover the home health costs. I assume monthly payments will follow.. This site and forum was extremely helpful to me since I got all of my questions answered here and I followed all of the advise on the site. I would say it had to be record time - since we were hoping to get an answer by the end of the year. Thanks to all.. Steve

Kaylin likes this.
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

That is so great to hear, Steve!!