Is there Professional help with applications available

Discussion in 'Tips and Resources' started by ValBob, Jul 25, 2013.

1. ValBob

ValBob Newbie

Hi, I'm new at this. But the forms are overwhelming. Are there any professionals out there who I can pay to help me make sure I do everything correctly?

Attorneys or others that specialize in this? Just wondering. It seems like it might be worth the investment. My dad is 87. Served in WWII and Korean War. He has virtually no assets

and we take care of him which is harder and harder to do. We want him at home with us. My youngest sister does most of the caregiving like bathing, etc. She has pretty much given up being able to
    work outside the home. She lives here, too! If we could get something to help her be able to help him it would be great.

Love our dad! Didn't know things could ever get this hard!

Thanks so much

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Sending you a private message.

3. madiaz

madiaz Newbie

Can you please send me the same info?

Thanks

4. vetadmin

Have sent you an email.

5. percys1jr

percys1jr I'm a disabled veteran service-connected 100%

Can you also send me the same information. Thanks

6. vetadmin

Percys,

Thank you for your service to our country!

If you are looking to file for Aid and Attendance, being rated 100% service-connected, you do not have to go through the entire application process.

Can you explain what your situation is, and if A&A is what you are looking for.

Thanks!

7. daughter2vet

daughter2vet Newbie

I have tried to file on my own on behalf of my 97-year-old father who has Alzheimers. I have quit my job and moved in with him to take care of him and my mom. We were denied because they did not accept the medical charges I submitted and their joint income is $3K over the limit. However, I did not submit any expenses for my taking care of them - not sure how to o that. I am willing at this point to have someone help me file properly. Any suggestions?

8. vetadmin

Sounds like maybe some expenses were not counted to bring their income down.

First question is - Do they actually pay you for acting as their caregiver?

9. daughter2vet

daughter2vet Newbie

They are providing my room and board. They are willing to pay me but we aren't exactly sure how to set that up...if I were not here, they would have to pay someone!

10. vetadmin

Well again it goes to being able to show a financial need for the pension. The only way to do this, is cost of care exceeds your ability to pay. If they are positive income at the end of the month, and do not show any actual "care expenses" they are not showing a financial need to pay for that care.

You may have to look at them actually paying you the same as they would an outside caregiver in order for them to qualify financially.

11. vansley

vansley Newbie

Could I please get information reading professional help for filing this information? Need help to make sure it is done correctly the first time. Thanks in advance!

12. terris5526

terris5526 Newbie

Hi,
    I need help with the forms.... can someone point me in the right direction? thanks so much!
    Terri

13. vetadmin

Terri,

There are step-by-step directions on the website for a widow's application. There are pretty good directions on the Veteran's application.

You should also reference the list of necessary documents on the website.

14. mikeandsue40

mikeandsue40 Newbie

I would also know if there are any professionals to help with this process.

Thanks

15. dianeflynn

dianeflynn Newbie

i would like to understand if there is professional help in completing this application

16. vetadmin

Diane, I am sending you a private message.