I know you've probably answered this 1,000 times...

Discussion in 'Expenses' started by Morty, Jun 11, 2015.

  1. Morty

    Morty Newbie

    ...but I couldn't find it on the forum. Mom is a WW2 widow, 92, started receiving $135/month in AA a couple years ago. Her abilities are in sharp decline and she needs someone with her all the time now. I can get her doctor to give us a letter showing how she can't be alone, but what form do I need to fill out to appeal her award? And will this be another 1-2 year wait? Thank you Debbie and more importantly, God bless you...
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    You don't appeal the award.

    You would use form 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim informing the VA that her care expenses have gone up, and she is now paying "X" dollars for care. The VA will recalculate her award based on the amount of the care increase.

Share This Page