How do I notify VA that my Mother passed away on 11DEC12?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grammy824, Dec 17, 2012.

  1. Grammy824

    Grammy824 Newbie

    She was receiving the VA benefit. Are there forms to complete and if so, where should they be mailed? Should I phone the VA and if so, who do I call? Thank you.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    We are so sorry for your loss, and this difficult time for you and your family.

    You do need to call the VA, but given how challenging their phone system has been for the past couple of months, you can also send in a VA 21-4138 Statement in Support of claim notifying them.

    You need to hang on to any monies that may come in next month as it will be owed back to the VA.

    If your Mom had accrued benefits that had not been released yet, let me know, and I will advise you on that situation.

    Again, our condolences.
  3. Grammy824

    Grammy824 Newbie

    Thank you, Debbie. I have tried to call, but as usual, can't get through. I will complete the form. The accrued benefit was paid last year, thank goodness! I really appreciate all of the support and information I have received from this site. Thank you for the good work you are doing. God Bless You!
  4. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    God Bless you as well Grammy, and I'm glad to have been her for you and her.

Share This Page