Hello was approve and denied at the same time confused!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rbush4u, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Rbush4u

Rbush4u Newbie

Hello do I have to appeal the decision if there was an error regarding several income amounts. Also I sent clarification would I see the claim reopened on ebenefits showing they received my new information. Thirdly, how long does it take for them to reconsider with the new information. They did and IRA cross match but the amounts were wrong. Can you please help! Should I have requested an appeal or a reconsideration on the front page of the package? Thank you for giving any assistance and understanding in this matter.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

You DO NOT appeal this. Use VA form 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim to make the corrections and point out what the miscalculation was.

The VA will reconsider on the new information provided. Unfortunately, the process is not generally a quick one.

3. Rbush4u

Rbush4u Newbie

hello ok thank you so much! You are a blessing! I will just wait for their response. Will I see a new claim reopened to make sure they received the 21-4138?

4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

There are a lot of issues with the e-benefits site, and most of the time the information provided there is not accurate or current. You are not opening a new claim. You are providing additional information on the one you already submitted.

You need to mail the 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim Return Receipt for proof of delivery, and the end of 60 days call the VA and make an inquiry about the application.

Do not provide additional information via e-benefits as that will cause the claim to go all the way back to the beginning of the process.

Glad that we can be here for you.