Hello All

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jesse, Jan 29, 2013.

1. jesse

jesse Newbie

Hello All,

Firstly, thank you to those of you who contibute to this web site, I am learning a lot each time I read.
    My father is 79 years old and has dementia & he is living in a memory care center. I found out about the A&A pension plan and just got his discharge papers. I am beginning to start the form process and feeling over-whelmed and confused. There is a company offering to send the forms (after I complete them and some of the forms are different than the ones on your web site) anyway... I send them the forms and a check for $699. They say they will give a "case worker" and the process will take 5 to 6 months. It seems like a lot of money, but I thought it would be worth it so mistakes and delays would be avoided. I am daunted by the forms and I afraid will make a critical mistake. Can I really do it on my own? I am so stressed on finances, my dad only has Soc. Sec. and I am paying the rest of the balance to cover his monthly rent at the memory center. But I am running out of funds ( cashed out my IRA ). Any advice would be helpful as I am just feeling unsure of myself being able to fill out the forms correctly. My father is a widower, do I need to send them a copy of his marriaage cert and my mother's death cert? Or are those records only necessary for a widow of a vet who is applying?
    Also, I have PoA do I need a specific form to mention that? Or do I just fill out the 3rd party form ( I forget its proper name & number). The company said I didn't need to mention this just fill out forms as if my dad was doing it) but I thought I was going to have to do some sort of fuicary. sp? Does the fudicary issue make the process take longer?
    Thank you... Jesse

2. stonewick

stonewick Newbie

Bad mistake to pay the money..I think it is even illegal for them to charge you. There is a lot paperwork, but trust me. That company does not have your best interest or your father's when they take your money.
    I wish you the very best in getting your benefits quickly.

3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Jesse,

Sending you a private message.