Happy Ending

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lpick, Dec 10, 2007.

1. lpick

lpick Newbie

I just wanted to let you know about my experience with the VA. On October 1, 2007, I took all my information to the VA office in my area. We talked to a wonderful counselor, they gave us some good advice on things we should do. We left all the documents with them. About a week later we received a letter saying our application was being processed. This past week, I received a packet letting us know that our application had been approved, the amounts they would be sending to my mom's bank, and that the money should be deposited within 15 days.

So, it can be done! I spent several weeks gathering all the information I needed and had everything with me that was needed. So, when you decide to make application, be sure to have all the information they need, everything signed, and maybe you won't have any problems either.

Good Luck!

2. veteranadvocate

veteranadvocate Full Member

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story. It does pay to submit as complete of a case as
    possible. The VA can zip through the processing and get the money out to the veterans and widows. Be sure to keep an eye for the annual EVR form. If it is not returned to the VA in the time frame specified by the VA, the claim will be terminated until it is returned.

Glad everything worked out for you and your Mother.