Getting A&A application help from Elder Care organizations

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by deanyj, Feb 12, 2016.

1. deanyj

deanyj Newbie

Just wanted to make everyone aware that when I was seeking help from the Patriot Angels for the A&A
    application I was told that they could not help me if I did not pay the Attorney for the consult. I have documentation to confirm this.

Not a good idea to engage their services (or any other organizations like them) when there is THIS great forum that will answer mostly all of your questions for free. I am so glad I found it. My opinion, of course.

2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

deanyj,

Yes! Thank you so much for your input! You are correct and this organization has been on our radar. I am currently even trying to drum up a news story in the area this organization is located to get the word out about potential companies trying to help veterans and families apply for the Aid and Attendance benefit, but also doing so with a fee. There should be no charge to help a veteran apply for the benefit, nor become eligible by moving around assets.

Thank you for your advice to others on this forum. If anyone else happens to have a story involving this organization, please reach out and let us know.

Kaylin

3. deanyj

deanyj Newbie

Glad I could help. If you need any of my emails, I have them saved.