Form 21-4718a Bank stamp or seal

Discussion in 'Fiduciary questions' started by sunset1, Jun 2, 2016.

1. sunset1

sunset1 Newbie

Went to my bank today to have them complete form 21-4718a so I could file the annual accounting. They didn't know what kind of stamp/seal was supposed to be used. They checked with their main office and couldn't get any answer. I will try calling the fiduciary hub tomorrow, but thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this come up with their bank. What kind of stamp/seal is supposed to be used? Thanks!

2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

sunset1,

This question has never come up on the forums before to my knowledge. I think your best bet is to check with the fiduciary hub or rep you have spoken to in the past. If you get an answer, please do come back and let us know so it may help others in the future!

3. sunset1

sunset1 Newbie

Talked to the Indy Hub yesterday. They didn't have a very clear answer. They just said that usually the bank just uses a stamp with the bank's name and branch address. Seems kind of vague. The form instructions imply that the stamp is more official than that and states over and over that the stamp has to be on the form. So, I guess I'll find out if it's rejected with just a simple address stamp.

4. Kaylin

sunset1,

Well, I would follow the Hub's instructions!

5. ric480

ric480 Newbie

I had some time getting the bank to put their "official" stamp on that form. Finally, the local bank teller just used her local branch teller stamp. VA (Indy hub by the way) approved this stamp and my accounting.

Kaylin likes this.
  6. Kaylin

Good to know! Thank you so much for letting us all know, ric480.

7. jscott

jscott Jr. Member

Our bank did not have a "seal" -- it used its local branch address stamp. No problem with the Indy Hub

Kaylin likes this.