Finally!! Doing a HAPPY DANCE!!!

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Helpingmom, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Helpingmom

Helpingmom Newbie

After many long months we received our A & A verdict. Mom is receiving the maximum amount and it is retroactive to 10 months ago when we applied. It's been a long haul and this is the best news. It has been a strain holding down two jobs to be sure my Mom was taken care of.
    To those of you who are waiting...keep the faith...and make phone calls! I called every two months and was really really nice with everyone I spoke with, I truly think that helped. We are supposed to see a check in 15 days YAHOO!!!
    Thanks to all for your support!

2. KarenO

KarenO Jr. Member

That is fantastic news!! And kudos for you for working so hard to take care of your Mom!

3. BDostanko

BDostanko Newbie

You said you called every two months..please...who did you call and what number. I am on 7 months now for my mother...this is a long process???

4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Call the main 800# of the VA, and be "nice" so someone will be more inclined to help.

5. swainlaw

swainlaw Newbie

You can also use the VA email system. Go to the VA web site and click on contat us. Go to the FAQ. Then to inquiry about a claim. I have found this to be very helpful.

6. Max

Max Hero Member

iris.va.gov