Filling out first EVR and have ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by squarah, Feb 20, 2012.

1. squarah

squarah Newbie

Hi,
    My mom was finally granted the VA benefit in December of 2011. I have received the EVR for 2012 and am trying to get it filled out prior to the March 1 deadline. I have a couple of questions:

1--My mother lives in a memory care assisted living facility not a nursing home. The EVR requests the name/address of the Nursing Home--can I simply put in "Assisted Living" and continue on from there? Yes.

2--Is there anywhere on this EVR form to note a $350 monthly increase in fees at the facility? Or do I need to send in the medical form that came with the EVR for that? Does the medical form need to be in by March 1 as well? You should be able to include the increase on the form, and would also do it on the medical, which does have to be returned by March 1st. i would also do a letter in the packet clearly stating the increase in care expenses.

3--How do I figure out the amount of unreimbursed medical expenses my mother will pay in 2012? The VA has entered an amount of unreimbursed medical expenses that my mom paid in 2011 but I don't really understand where they are getting this number from? It has something to do with the amount she pays for Medicare Part B, health insurance and assisted living fees? You are working off of what you know is a fixed expense, but also show the increase in the cost of care.I'd appreciate any info as March 1 is rapidly approaching! Thanks so much in advance!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Please see the replies noted in "red" to your post.

3. squarah

squarah Newbie

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

You're welcome!