filing tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leo libby, Nov 16, 2016.

  1. leo libby

    leo libby Newbie

    Have any tips?

    Are paper clips better than staples?

    Does anything have to be motorized or certified? should i Include a "consent to use"?

    If a page has A CREASE, is it ok to photo copy it (and use that)

    and is this the right aDDRESS to send it (for mt)
    St. Paul VA Regional Office
    Pension Management Center (335/21P)
    PO BOX 11000
    St. Paul, MN 55111-0000
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Kaylin likes this.
  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    I have not heard whether paper clips are better than staples but I'm not sure it matters either. Maybe someone else will chime in with their thoughts.

    The death certificate (if applying for surviving spouse), marriage certificate, and DD-214 all need to be certified copies. The consent to use is up to you - I have never heard of someone adding that to the application.

    I'm sure the crease will be just fine as long as everything is readable.

    Right now the VA is in a transition process with the mailing addresses for the pension centers. We have been advised to let people know to send their application to the address listed below pertaining to their state. Make sure to mail return receipt and keep a copy of the entire application for yourself because if, after 30 days, you have not received any sort of correspondence from the VA or message of receival then you may need to create another copy and send again - this time writing on it (using the Statement in Support of Claim form 21-4138) that it is a duplicate copy and include the original date you sent the first application.

    AL, AR, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, OH, TN, WI

    Department of Veterans Affairs
    Claims Intake Center
    Attention: Milwaukee Pension Center
    PO Box 5192
    Janesville, WI 53547-5192
    AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, ID, KS, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY

    Department of Veterans Affairs
    Claims Intake Center
    Attention: St. Paul Pension Center
    PO Box 5365
    Janesville, WI 53547-5365
    CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, PR, RI, SC, VA, VT, WV

    Department of Veterans Affairs
    Claims Intake Center
    Attention: Philadelphia Pension Center
    PO Box 5206
    Janesville, WI 53547-5206
  3. leo libby

    leo libby Newbie

    ahhh. I bring it up because I have to file on my. own... My local VA refuses to help me.... I'm kind of a perfectionist
    Who can certify my dd214?

    I got this to organiZe it s-l500.jpg
  4. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

  5. leo libby

    leo libby Newbie

    Kaylin likes this.
  6. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    Good to hear!
  7. J. Martinez

    J. Martinez Newbie

    I think I saw on someone's post where you included a typed letter to send to the VA when an applicant is over 90 years old. I think for them to expedite the claim. I cannot find it. Could someone repost that please?
    Kaylin likes this.
  8. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    @casagrayson I recall you sent a letter to expedite the application? I think you did? If so do you mind giving an example to J. Martinez of what that letter may look like.

Share This Page