File Number? Claim Number?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jandy, Oct 21, 2015.

  1. Jandy

    Jandy Jr. Member

    Pretty easy question here; I'm sure it has been asked and answered, but I can't locate it.

    After some delays, I'm finally putting the finishing touches on my veteran dad's application for A&A.

    I filed an "intent to file" to start the clock back in August. The VA acknowledged receipt in a letter. At the top of this letter, it said "In reply, refer to File Number: XX XXX XXX and my dad's name.

    I assume I put this File Number on the application forms, but I'm confused. Some of the forms ask for a "VA FILE NUMBER" (for example 21-527EZ); others ask for a "Claim Number" (for example question 5 on 21-2680). Still others say "VA FILE NO." and then has "C/CSS-" and then a blank (for example 21-4138).

    Any advice? Is "File Number" the same as "Claim Number?" And what is C/CSS?

    I'm so close--I don't want to screw it up now! Many thanks...
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Use the file number they assigned to him.

    Good Luck with it all, and don't forget to keep a complete copy of the application for your records and to mail Return Receipt.

Share This Page