Fidudiary Appointment

Discussion in 'Fiduciary questions' started by Froggy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Froggy

Froggy Newbie

A&A claim approved but a finding of incompetence requiring appointment of a Fiduciary. Previous response advised filing a VA 21-4138 with specific language indicating acceptance of that finding and also including a VA 21-592. Shouldn't that be a VA 21-0792 "Fiduciary Statement in Support of Appointment" instead of that internal VA 592 form?

Can there be more than 1 Fiduciary? We're maybe the veteran's daughter and her spouse (Veteran's son-in-law) or would that just needlessly complicate timely further processing?

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Only one person can be appointed at any given time.

If the VA has provided a different form, then go with that one, but do the statement on the 21-4138.

Congratulations on getting through the application process!

3. Froggy

Froggy Newbie

The VA hasn't provided any form. I found the VA 21-0792 "Fiduciary Statement in Support of Appointment" when looking for the 592 and thought I'd include it with the VA 21-4138

4. vetadmin

Usually one you submit the 21-4138 with the statement, they send you a form, but if you have found something to include, it can't hurt.

5. Froggy

Froggy Newbie

Thank you so much for your help. You're helping so many people wade through what at times seems like an almost insurmountable hurdle and confusion with just trying to help their veteran family member at a time of great need in their final years of life. God bless you!

6. vetadmin

Thank you, and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to help others to find their way through this maze.

7. baldbob77

baldbob77 Newbie

Once accepted if anything changes in the Financials like the parents have to sell there Home to continue to make up the difference of living in a Permanent care facility and this causes them to go over the 80K minimum does this need to be reported or a new application put in or does the No look polict exempt there proceeds from the sell of this because it was there Home and now it is the money from that?

8. vetadmin

You need to report it to the VA, and if it puts them over income, the the pension will be suspended until they spend down and meet the financial criteria again.