Fiduciary Appointment tips?

Discussion in 'Tips and Resources' started by Froggy, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Froggy

Froggy Newbie

We seem to be in the same boat as others regarding appointment of a Fiduciary due to finding of incompetancy following approval for A&A pension. Although there is scattered bits of info in various posts there doesn't seem to be a resource to guide caregivers about how the whole fiduciary process works, forms to fill out, questions to be prepared for when meeting with a field rep., veterans assets considerations, etc. I know each individual case is a little different, but a general posting with some guidelines and what to expect would be very useful to many of us now facing this process. Or maybe there's a website link that already has this information?

2. mikeandsue40

mikeandsue40 Newbie

I am just starting this fiduciary process for my dad and I found this sight that was helpful to me. Don't know it if is all inclusive, but it might be a start:

http://benefits.va.gov/fiduciary/beneficiary.asp

A knowledgeable lady at the VA office told me yesterday that it is taking almost a year (for my region - Colorado) before someone calls to meet with me regarding this process. She said that there are only TWO people (out of Utah) who cover our area, so we shall see.

Sue

3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Sue,

This is true. There are not enough Field Agents to meet the demands for these interviews. Most of them cover a very large territory.

If the lack of the back pay is creating a genuine "financial hardship", you can try appealing from that standpoint to get an interview sooner.