Divorced Male Vet papers question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HelpinDad, Jan 10, 2016.

  1. HelpinDad

    HelpinDad Newbie

    Hello, This is my first time posting. And like others I Thank You and all the other posters for the info I have learned.

    My father is a vet of the Korean War. He was married three times and divorced three times. He is not married at this time and it has been more than 15 years since his last divorce. He recently moved into assisted living and I am working on submission of his request for Aid and Attendance. My question is: Will I need to get copies of marriage licenses and divorce decrees or can I just list them on the 21-527EZ?

    After cleaning out his house, I know he does not have copies of marriage licenses and I was only able to find his divorce from my Mom (1st wife) and his last divorce.

    Thanks in advance
    Tom L (HelpinDad)
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    Welcome to the forums, and we are glad you found us. Hope to be able to help you with this process.

    Since Dad is divorced, and is filing as a single vet not vet with spouse, you don't have to disclose the marriages as they have no bearing. He is not asking for a spouse to also benefit.

    Good Luck with it all, and let us know how things go for you.
  3. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member


    You should be alright just listing them if you would like on the application. You do not need to submit the licenses because you are applying for your father (who is the veteran), and not the widow of a veteran (if you were applying for your mother).

    I hope that helps! Make sure to mail everything return receipt and keep a copy of everything you send. Best of luck!

Share This Page