Disability Claim Appeal Timeline

Discussion in 'Waiting on Updates' started by m_koz52, Mar 10, 2015.

1. m_koz52

m_koz52 Newbie

In early 2012 on the advice of my local VA representative I filed a claim for an increase in the disability benefits I was receiving for injuries I sustained serving in Vietnam. Nine months later I received notice that not only was I denied an increase but I was actually given a decrease in the benefits that I had been receiving. In September of 2013 I filed an appeal. I have been tracking the progress (or lack there of) of my claim through eBenefits online since filing the appeal. To date my claim shows that it was received on 9/13/2013 and has not moved since. According to the site any questions regarding my claim needs to be directed to my local office's VA representative; who then tells me that there is nothing that she can do. I guess what I am wondering (or asking) is where do I go from here? From the original claim and the appeal this claim is now over 2 1/2 years old. Any advice would be helpful and very much appreciated.

MK

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for your service to our country, and I am sorry that you are dealing with this delay.

I highly recommend you contact your Senator and ask them to make an inquiry as to the status of your appeal.

In addition, you should not be limited to dealing with your local VA office as they have no knowledge, and you should call the VA and speak with someone who would have more information.

Good luck with getting a resolution.