Day 390 - Can it really be true? APPROVED!

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Fillise, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Fillise

Fillise Newbie

So dad got a call from the VA this morning asking about his very small monthly pension check he receives in addition to his Social Security. He confirmed that it was as small as they thought it was. About an hour later he got a call back from the VA. I happened to be with him at the time so he handed the phone to me and the rep informed me that they had completed his claim and he had been approved for the full amount. He will be getting a letter in a few weeks and we will begin the fiducary process.

I'm still in shock. Happy shock, but shock none the less.
  2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Oh Happy Day and Happy Dance!! Congratulations!!

So happy for you and your Dad!
  3. Fillise

Fillise Newbie

Thanks. I did a little happy dance myself.

I appreciate all of the help this site provided. Thanks so much.
  4. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Congratulations! So happy for you and your dad. :)
    You sure waited a looong time.
  5. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

You are so welcome, and glad to know that what I do made a difference for you.

Keep really good records, so when the EVR comes up the 1st year, you will be prepared for that.

Not to to inject a negative here, but I do have concerns about the property he is at and hope that does not factor in down the road.

For now just take a deep breath, and enjoy it for what it is.
  6. Fillise

Fillise Newbie

I appreciate ALL of the info. I'm keeping everything to do with his medical and financial records so that we can document for the EVR. Without your input I might not have known how important it is.