Character reference for proposed Fuduciary

Discussion in 'Fiduciary questions' started by Jan L, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Jan L

Jan L Newbie

After applying for A&A for my mom initially in Nov 2013, we began getting monthly benefits in May 2014. The back payments were held pending appointing me fiduciary. I am awaiting someone to contact me re the interviews. In the meantime, the VA letter stated I would need 2 character references so I thought I would get that done prior to the interview. Is there a recommended format for such a letter? Any suggestions on what it should include?

Thanks for any advice,
    Jan L

2. branzburg

branzburg Newbie

I have the fiduciary interview tomorrow, also for my mother. When the VA rep called me he said he would call the references during the interview. No mention of any written interview (I need to take another look at the letter). Good luck. My mom has also been receiving her benefits since last spring, but it had taken about 18 months to begin.

3. suseq

suseq Newbie

My Dad has dementia and recently began getting A&A. The back payments are held pending appointing me fiduciary. I am his legal POA. A field rep will be attempting to interview him at his memory care facility and am awaiting the results. I am also waiting for someone to contact me for a interview. In the meantime, the VA letter stated I would need 2 character references so I thought I would get that ready Who should I chose as my 2 character witnesses Can it be family and Any suggestions on what it should include?

4. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

I replied to your question by the letter you sent to my inbox.