Calling the VA with Authorization to Disclose(21-0845)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thankful_12, Aug 8, 2016.

  1. Thankful_12

    Thankful_12 Newbie

    I'm going to call a VA phone number that is supposedly for 'Direct Deposit'. I am wanting to change the bank routing number. I was previously advised to send a 'Statement in Support of Claim' and may still do that. But am wondering if I call this number,and by some chance it's the right number to call, does the Authorization give me the right to make such a change and more to the point how does the person on the other end know I do have an Authorization to Disclose already on file ? Thank you!
    Kaylin likes this.
  2. Thankful_12

    Thankful_12 Newbie

    I called 1-877-838-2778 which is just for Direct Deposit. I was on hold for less than 4 minutes, had a very helpful and polite representative who asked me identifying questions that anyone who filled out the paperwork would know, also knew I was the Authorized person(asked me the secret question). We were done in less than another 5 minutes ! Awesome and I told him so. He was happy to get that feedback. He also, twice, said, Thank you for you father's service, which I thanked him for saying, and I really found quite respectful and kind to say.
    Kaylin likes this.
  3. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    That is awesome! It's nice to hear of some good experiences with the VA's phone numbers sometimes. Glad to know you got help!

Share This Page