Back Pay Deposited!

Discussion in 'Waiting on Updates' started by ksflygirl, May 2, 2017.

1. ksflygirl

ksflygirl Newbie

Well it's real. My father in law called and said his bank statement arrived and $12,500 was deposited in his account yesterday! He was so excited and relieved- it made all the hard work and wait worth it. I cannot say enough how critical the help, support and assistance received right here, on this site, on these boards. It is so appreciated!
    As many of you know his intent to file was submitted in August (he is turning 91 this week, so it was an expedited claim)and he was down to literally have $6000 to his name-with no assets in the world.
    As a family we were facing some pretty scary options- where would we move him? Should we take a loan we couldn't afford and hope it eventually would arrive? What would we do?

Thankfully, our happy ending came with the letter received about 10 days ago. My father-in-law now will be able to stay in the place he has become accustomed to, receiving the care he needs. What a gift to a veteran who served in WWII for all of our freedom. I pray that whatever amount of time he has left on this earth is a little happier because he does not have to worry anymore.

AghelpingMom, Jandy and Kaylin like this.
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Yay! I'm so happy for you and your family! Thank you for the kind words. :) That's what we're here for. I've especially appreciated you coming back to update us on the status of your FIL's application and giving tips to others.

3. ksflygirl

ksflygirl Newbie

THANK YOU KAYLIN and all the others who take the time to assist and answer all these questions and provide support. Most of us come to these boards eagerly awaiting just a tidbit of a comment or advice. It means so much.

Kaylin likes this.
  4. Jandy

Jandy Jr. Member

Oh ksflygirl, your post made my evening. I'm SO happy that your father-in-law received his retroactive pension. What a relief! Now you all can concentrate on the important things: making sure his days are as safe and comfortable as possible and enjoying your time together.

Take a moment to pat yourself on the back for helping to facilitate the process for your father-in-law. And please tell him how much we all appreciate his service. My best wishes go out to you both.....

Kaylin likes this.
  5. ksflygirl

ksflygirl Newbie

Jandy! Thank you also for all your support through this difficult process. It is a TREMENDOUS relief to know he will be able to spend whatever time he has left not worrying every day how he will be taken care of. These boards have been such an important resource in being able to complete the application process. My continued thanks!

Kaylin likes this.