Appointment as fiduciary approved

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Perle, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Perle

Perle Newbie

I received confirmation of my appointment as the Federal Fiduciary for my father (WWII vet, age 91) in the mail today. The Incompentency Notice Response and my Statement in Support of Claim requesting to be named as fiduciary was mailed the 1st week in January. In mid February we received notice from the VA that they had determined that my father was not competent. We had the interview with the VA Field Examiner on August 20th. By the way, the gentleman who interviewed me actually works in Kentucky, but was in Alabama to do interviews because of the backlog in cases.

Thanks to Debbie and this website for getting me started on this journey in July 2011 and for the support to see me through all the paperwork involved.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

What wonderful news, and so happy that you made it all the way to the end!! This type of news always makes my heart smile, that we accomplished what we try to do here.

Again, Congratulations!

3. suseq

suseq Newbie

Great news, about being awarded fiduciary. That is the step me and my Dad are at. He was approved for A&A, found incompetent due to dementia. They will be attempting to interview him at the memory care facility he resides at. Then I guess it is my turn. Did you need 2 character reference letters? Any idea what the letters should say? Who should be asked, family, friends or coworkers?