Aid & Attendance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laylaa, Aug 9, 2007.

  1. Laylaa

    Laylaa Newbie


    I am going to apply for Aid & Attendenance for my dad who is a World War 11 Veteran. This site has been so helpful, I want to express my sincere gratitude for all the help you have given me. The only question I have now is dad is receiving 40% disiability from the VA will he still be able to apply? Is it considered a pension/compensation or is that different?

    Thanks so much for your time.

  2. veteranadvocate

    veteranadvocate Full Member

    The VA will pay whichever is a greater monetary benefit. If that ends up being pension, he will still be entitle to treatment for his service-connected disability. If he needs the assisted living care or nursing home care due to his service-connected disability then the VA can and should pay the full amount of cost without your Father having to pay any. If a veteran is rated at least 70% for any or combined disabilites they are entitle to have the VA pay the charge.

    You may want to look into having his service-connected disability rating reviewed for an increase or possible other conditions rated as secondary to his service-connected disability.

Share This Page