A Christmas blessing for my dear Veteran

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vetwife, Nov 30, 2012.

1. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

We made it! After 8 months, my dear husband was granted Aid and Attendance and received his first direct deposit today. For those who have not read my posts, my husband is an 85 year old Korean War veteran. He has many health problems including stroke, and dementia and needs help with every aspect of daily life. Everyday is a struggle. I had to leave my job to care for him at home. We exhausted our meager savings and racked up a stack of credit card debt just to exist.

The support of everyone here, especially Debbie is what kept me going when the days were so dark. I made a donation and will make another, as I hope anyone that is helped here and can afford to will. I wish the best to all of those still waiting.

Now we begin the incompetency and fiduciary phase…

God bless you for all that you do for our dear Vets Debbie!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This is awesome news for you and your husband, and so glad it all worked out for you!

Thank you for making a donation to our efforts, and so glad to be here for you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3. lonestarlady

lonestarlady Newbie

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! We just passed our 6 month mark and so I sent in my letter to our Senator this week.

You've given me renewed hope! God Bless!

4. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Thanks so much Debbie and Lonestarlady!

It also gave me hope when I would read that someone made it thru the process.
    Somehow just knowing others have done it helps a person maintain hope.
    The nature of this level of the pension already means that a vet or surviving spouse is quite ill.
    I pray that someday eligible vets or their surviving spouse's will not have to wait so long.

5. suse

suse Jr. Member

Dear vetwife, I have been thinking of you & wondering if you had received any good news? You are in my prayers.

It is so gratifying to hear of those who have survived this process with a deposit in the bank.

Suse

6. suse

suse Jr. Member

OMGosh...I just sent the email to you vetwife, not noticing the original email was from you. I am so very happy for you. I have thought of you so often. You have accomplished this for your vet & you. What a triumph!!! Merry Merry Merry Christmas from Suse in Texas!!!!

7. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts, Suse!
    You are also in my prayers. I know you carry a heavy load with your dear hubby.
    It is not an easy road we travel, and every bit of support is appreciated.
    I hope you won't have to wait too long...
    Merry Christmas to all of you !!!

8. NANAPATOK

NANAPATOK Newbie

Congratulations and Merry, Merry Christmas!!! Pat

9. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Thanks Pat! Merry Christmas to you...hope your dad is holding up. :)

10. maralina1

maralina1 Full Member

So happy to hear your good news!! All the best to both of you.

11. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Thanks very much Maralina... :)

I wish you and your mom and dad a blessed holiday season.