1.5 % increase in A & A benfits effective 12/31/4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ejo, Jan 5, 2014.

1. ejo

ejo Newbie

My dad receives Aid and Attendance benefits. We received a letter stating there has been a 1.5% increase effective 12/31/13. I called VA and recording states increase would be on check sent 12/31/13. Daddy's check doesn't have the increase. Did anyone else see it on the December check? I'm wondering if it is actually suppose to the 1/31/14 check that he will see the increase?
    It is so hard to get through to the VA during working hours (for me) and my dad isn't able to understand the phone prompts enough to call without my help. Saw this forum and thought someone else may have info to help.
    Thank you !!!!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Should have seen the increase already. Since that is not the case, sorry, you will need to call them to find out why.

It can be a real challenge getting through, so may want to try mid-week and later in the day rather at morning peak times.

3. ejo

ejo Newbie

Thank you for your response.
    FYI for anyone that may be receving these benefits. After finally getting through to the VA I found out that you need to submit new income adjustment paperwork each year. Once received if the veteran's medicall bills and or rent has gone up they will review for the annual increase - it is not automatic.
    Please note - on a personal note. I received a letter from the VA about 6 months ago stating it was no longer a requirement to submit udpated income information each year - however, what they don't tell you is that without this new form each year the veteran will not receive the yearly increase.
    Hope this is of help to others.

4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

I would like VSR to weigh in on this, as I am not 100% that this is correct.

5. phauwarine

phauwarine Newbie

My mother received her increase automatically....we submitted nothing.